mardi, septembre 16, 2008

tongue tied

la tour Perret @ Parc Paul Mistral

soirée Intég 2007.. this year's edition should have been held last week

peering down the Bastille

grocery shopping with Guillaume is never easy with him always fighting for all the best bargains

Grah. Once-a-week French classes is insufficient to maintain my proficiency in the language. Déjà, je me suis senti que j'ai perdu beaucoup! Why didn't the French instead of the British colonise Singapore or something like that; I need to hear more French more often. Like quotidiennement. Make announcements in French on the mrt (call it the metro anyway), have signboards with French on it, and let's all eat baguettes instead of Gardenia!

Went out with PF the other day, then was flipping through Grenoble photos, and I thought that merde! I should be there instead of here. Bah c'est la vie.

Meanwhile I have started on my Japanese odyssey in a bid to be effectively trilingual. ひらがな and カタカナ are disgustingly difficult. I would rate Japanese 1 to French 6 or English 10 or Bahasa 20. Its impossibly impossible to memorise the various characters, much less read and construct coherent sentences with them. No wonder their culture is so introverted. Must be all the years of Japanese; no more brain juices left for socializing and making friends.

If the French wrote the rules of their language while drunk on wine, the Japanese must have constructed theirs in the middle of a hentai orgy.

大変ですね。。

Aucun commentaire: