lundi, août 01, 2011

i kissed a car

sometimes while driving i hear this chinese advert which goes: 当你的车kiss到我的车, 我不会跟你说 "i love you", 可是我会问你 “你是怎么驾车的@#¥%⋯!!!”

after about 6 years of incident-free driving, i finally kissed someone today. and of all people, i had to kiss a cabbie.

was on my way for the DCM meeting at kranji when i rear-ended the aforementioned taxi at the junction of ite west and teck whye estate. i was executing a right turn when the bugger jam braked at the lights due to some pedestrians crossing the road, and the rest is history.

toyota crown 1 : vw golf gti 0

fortunately the taxi driver was quite nice and suggested that we settle the incident privately. we agreed upon a sum, went to the atm, i passed him the money, we both signed the settlement form, and it was over. however, the same cannot be said for the gti, who as i type, is sitting lonely in a workshop in toh tuck, waiting to have its headlights replaced, panels beaten, and front bumper spray painted and polished.

i still remember the time that i crashed my friend's dad's car just 3 days after obtaining my license. it was much worse then: 3-car pileup along the AYE near normanton. i didn't even have my license card at that time; just a pass slip, which shocked the other 2 drivers. =P this time, when me and the aforementioned cabby exchanged particulars, i was strangely amused to find out that his car plate number was SHB9520B. why? because i am SFQ9519B! what a coincidence.

so anyway, it seems like this is the latest in a series of unfortunate (traffic) events for me, after my exhaust and red light incidents. for the sake of my sanity and my wallet, i certainly hope that this is the last!!! =(

1 commentaire:

Jhender a dit…

wah din know your driving so power