samedi, avril 05, 2008

my great geneva outing

Went to Geneva to pick my mom up today but horrors of all horrors mom missed her flight because she thought that her flight time at 0320hrs on Saturday meant that she would have to go to the airport only on Saturday night!!!

This, after I reminded her on Tuesday that she would have to check in on Friday night and not on Saturday. -_-|||

Mothers. Sometimes you just wonder what is going on inside their minds when you talk to them.

Anyway, all's well that end's well and my mom managed to get on the next flight to Geneva, but not after lots of hair pulling, expensive international phone calls, and one whole wasted day at the airport.

And yet another trip to the airport again tomorrow.

Which brings me to the fact that I've been to Geneva so many times already that I consider it part of France. In fact, I forgot to bring my passport with me today because I thought that I was just going to the airport! Problem was that of course, Geneva airport is not situated in France, and Switzerland is not part of the EU, for that matter.

Although the border control people were nice enough to let me through using my Singaporean IC after I explained my situation to them, I was not counting on seeing them again so soon. =P

2 commentaires:

Jhender a dit…

wow, what a start to the trip. this is so terrible.

bon weekend à genève, quoi

pot a dit…

haha yeah but they got here finally lah so let's keep our fingers crossed that all will go well for the rest of the trip! =D