mardi, août 19, 2008

delf dalf duh

Been down with a throat infection since Saturday. Bleah. =(

Anyway went down with Jax to Alliance Française yesterday to sign up for the Delf B2 examination. Good to be certified before I forget everything, I feel. So we went down during lunchtime, and all the way I was the more committed and determined one, being sure of what courses and examinations I wanted to sign up for.

Then the French always love to throw in a stale baguette at the last moment.

Spoke to a French professor there and he advised me to sit for the Dalf C1 instead. Thing is, I may converse well, but I do not feel that confident about my proficiency in the language, and especially not when it has to come down to a test. Bleah, I can never perform well under pressure. =(

Deliberated on my choices, and then just as I was about to decide on B2, the nice receptionist informed me that they had changed the prep classes from Wednesdays to Fridays.

@!#$#$#! Why couldn't she have told me earlier? The French really love to do this, don't they?

In the end I could not commit to a class/exam because I was unsure of my coming semester's timetable so while Jax happily signed up for her courses, I will have to go back another day.

Dang.

In other news I am thinking of getting Lasik-ed since that I am now on a sabbatical from triathlon. So, might as well get all my body parts fixed and serviced right? Anyone with any recommendations for Lasik clinics? =P

Aucun commentaire: