dimanche, septembre 06, 2009

wear sunscreen, my friends

was in the gym just now when i was suprised to hear the once-popular "everybody's free" on the airwaves again.

its a chill song with a catchy beat, and i like it. although the entire song made a lot of sense (unlike most modern pop songs nowadays), i found a particular line particularly meaningful to me:

"understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on."

i realise that although i have many acquaintances, my close friends are few and far between. recently i chanced upon one rather close friend's blog and read that she had, for some reason unbeknownst to me, wrote that she would rather not keep in contact with me in the future.

quite sad right?

so anyway, that got me thinking, "am i such a bad friend, and where did i go wrong with our relationship?"

indeed, any relationship is difficult to maintain; there is only one way to keep things warm and nice, but so many other ways to fuck it up. to all my friends: next time if you want to break contact please at least let me know first in advance ok? so that at least i can do some AAR.. =)

Aucun commentaire: