mercredi, décembre 05, 2007

ma coiffure

They say necessity is the mother of all inventions. And so, my need for a neater crop of hair gave birth to the Berlioz Barbaric Barbershop (B3).

Specially catering to poor students like me, B3 is conveniently located in between the living quarters and the toilet proper at Résidence Berlioz, room 5206. Makeshift operations commenced yesterday with our resident scissor sister Qing Han, who has garnered many rave reviews for her artistic treatment of mr. microphone head.

And so, you may ask: Why run the risk of such undercover operations? Is it really that expensive to go for a haircut in France? Is Qing Han really that good? Actually, it is quite affordable to go for a haircut here in France; It costs about SGD32, but is offset by the fact that you probably would not want to cut your hair that often given the cold weather.

However, as some of the other Singaporeans here can testify, the hairdressers/barbers here are terribly bad. Your haircut will probably depend on the mood of the person cutting your hair at that moment, the hairstyle will not be your choice but will be what the barber is capable of, and the price is certainly not indicative of the quality of the haircut you will receive (right Eugene? =D).

With such uncertainties, I decided to bribe Qing Han over with a tantalizing dinner of sweetcorn and dinner soup. At least I would have a say in what I would look like after my locks were shorn. =P
anxiety beneath that smile

mangy locks

literally letting my hair down

shorter hair now

still as mangy, but neater

the barberess

tools of the trade

The future of B3 was discussed over my haircut, and I am pleased to say that it looks like it can be a viable alternative to the salons here. With low prices and an English speaking hairdresser as its selling points, I am sure B3 will be here to stay. And lest I forget to mention, appointments are mandatory at the B3, unlike at the Berlioz Ghetto LAN Shop.

So what are you waiting for? Make a booking with either Qing Han or me now to get the latest hairstyles for this festive season! Give yourself the best gift this Christmas by looking at least presentable! No more bad hair days with B3!!! =D

In other news, Berlioz Private Limited is also looking into branching into the public toilet business as well. =P

Aucun commentaire: