mercredi, décembre 05, 2007

of sushi and chicken curry

Last week I hosted one dinner party and co-hosted another. Somehow my Zouk and MOS nights in Singapore has become dinner gatherings now that there is a serious lack of clubbing places in Grenoble. I seriously hope that this is not a sign of premature aging.. =P

Anyway, on to the food. First up was Eugene's United Nations soirée at his place. He was the main chef while Takanari, his Japanese neighbour, and I alternated as co-chefs. Eugene already has a good article on the night's proceedings on his blog, so I will not elaborate further.
sushi

On Sunday, I hosted Chris and wife, Shaowei and Eugene. Chris and his wife had stayed in Berlioz before in 2003 so it was sort of a homecoming to them. Theme of the night was Singaporean flavours since we all eat French food everyday so I thought that it would be rather exotic to eat some curry. I had already decided on the menu during the week and had already bought all the ingredients on Saturday, so it was actually quite fuss-free when it came to cooking. In fact, I thought that cooking was easier than the grocery shopping! Must be the talent.. Haha.

Anyway, menu for the day was:
- Curry chicken
- Honey sweet-and-sour beef
- Teriyaki salmon
- Oyster sauce vegetables

And Chris' wife baked a cake for dessert so at the end of dinner we were really stuffed! Hmm.. Been a long time since I felt so full! Luckily I went for a 15km run up to Rabot and back before dinner! Anyway the food was simply so tantalizing at the start of dinner that Shaowei only managed to snap one single shot of the food before it was all gobbled up.. So I have only one photo for you to drool over! =)
bon appetit!

Aucun commentaire: