dimanche, novembre 22, 2009

house visit

lately I have been visiting some of my men's homes as part of the saf's home visitation programme (hvp). amongst other objectives, the hvp aims to put servicemen in a familiar environment to allow them to be able to open up easier. and to address any concerns their parents might have.

so anyway for the past week I have seen ah beng servicemen who are complete mommy boys at home, discovered that some servicemen lead totallly different double lives out of camp, been in multimillion dollar houses at sixth avenue, and dealt with some impossible parents with their equally impossible children.

but anyway no matter what the size of the house, size of the family, or number of younger sisters, I saw that the parents would always be protective of their children, be it speaking up for them or reprimanding their children before I could have the chance to do so. for my men, I could sense the gratitude they felt just from their parents' presence.

indeed, home is where the heart is.

Aucun commentaire: