dimanche, mai 13, 2007

Tour de Saru

Went up Desaru again on Sat with the Joyriders. It all sounded so easy: Bumboat to Penggerang, group ride to Renggit, ITT to golf club for ice kachang, ITT back to Renggit to seafood, group ride again back to the pier and bumboat back.

#@$#@%#$^%

Turned out that the Joyriders really can take the joy out of riding! Haha. Dun get me wrong, the itinerary was great, food was superb, sun was out and shining, and company was wonderful. Just that the "average" speed was not to my feet's liking. I mean going at 40km/h against headwind trying not to get dropped is not very fun, especially if its only your second ride after a long break and there are gargantuan potholes scattered all over the road. I totally sucked wheel most of the time.. Thanks Mika!

But one good thing is that now I feel that Desaru is hilly no longer. The first few time I went there I remember psyching myself up for the several relatively steeper inclines. On Saturday, I realised that they were no longer such huge problems for me. Yaay.

For a more detailed post on this, you can read Bernard's post here, and gawk at the photos courtesy of Joyce here, or by Joerg here.

1 commentaire:

Wild Cat a dit…

Hoi! Where's my copyright fees!