jeudi, juin 21, 2007

Ode to you

7 years ago, you stepped into my life
and my heart.
For the first time I experienced
innocence, discovery, happiness and love.

Oh what a joy to experience
your smiles, your actions and your caresses.
What a delight to share
your hopes, your dreams and your fears.

But it was not all fun and no pain.
Sometimes, things were not easy.
The future was cloudy,
and I was unsure where we were heading.

You never went away, you never gave up.
You told me "No pain no gain",
and so you persevered,
trying to make it all work out.

However the more you tried,
the more I took flight.
We were like the like poles of a magnet,
getting closer but never being able to really connect.

The years went by,
and even though we met up now and then,
the misunderstandings continued to tear us apart.
Till one day, you told me "It was not meant to be"

I never thought that I would feel this way.
Even you too!
But yes I do,
and its cutting me up like what it used to do to you.

Memories of the past keep flooding my mind,
both happy and sad.
What did I do wrong and what I should have done.
Could they have been prevented? Or were they fated all along?

I guess,
its me.
He could do in one day
what I could not achieve in all these 7 years.

I'm happy for you.
I'm sure that he really loves you.
But it breaks my heart to know that I can't hold you,
like I used to do.

So I guess
as the curtains close in the final act,
what I want to tell you in this ode to you,
is just a simple "I still love you".

7 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

hey pot,
cheer up! sometime thing happened for a reason. a nice chap like u wl meet another nice gal some day...keep l@@kin' ya ;)

pot a dit…

Hi choco~lious,

Haha thanks for the nice words. Read your blog.. Seems like we're both in the same boat huh? Haha. =)

Unknown a dit…

Cheer up Pot! Took me over 10 years before I told my bf it wasn't going to work. I was tired of the emotional rollercoaster. We had such great times and the sh*ttiest of sh*t times together. In the end, I just couldn't take it any longer. Ending it was painful, but I'm so much happier now.

Here's to blue skies and greener pastures!

Your Mooing Mollusc friend,
l'esCargoT

Anonyme a dit…

ya..it's his loss! haha...

y'day a cute cyclist stopped twice to offer me his drink. i didn't do too badly myself ya =)

eat ur heart out muffin!

pot a dit…

hey caroline..

Thanks for the nice words. =)

Yup you definitely look damn happy now lah!!! Esp while we are zooming down coastal.. =D

See you this Sat/Sun. =)

pot a dit…

Wah.. Stopped twice? How leh? Was he doing loops, or did you overtake him!!!!! =D

I think he was just using "offering water" as an excuse to get to know you lah.. Damnit.. That was my tactic also lor.. Next time what shall I use? =D =D =D

Anonyme a dit…

nxt x try offerin' ur power gel or home made brownie ;)

u might get lucky!! muahahaha...

anyway i was 2 tongue tied when he approached me...he muz tink tat i'm some kind of a klutz *~*