dimanche, juin 24, 2007

walk all your troubles away

If only I could do that, then today's 12km MacRitchie walk/hike would have taken all my troubles away. =(

Went for an early morning run at ECP with the usual suspects. Been ages since I ran there (Dec 2006).. So the change in environment/scenery was good. Did a short 10km recovery run then adjourned for breakfast at Mac's with Mel who went biking at Coastal.

After breakfast we decided that the weather was too good to stay indoors so we decided to head to MacRitchie for the HSBC TreeTop Walk.

Pace, just like the morning's run, was leisurely. Just felt a little silly hiking in my Crocs sandals. Although I could still walk the whole distance, there were some parts of the route where I stepped on some sharp or hard objects. After about 6km, we reached the TreeTop Walk. View from up was ok. I was glad that there were no large groups today so I was able to enjoy the serenity of the environs up there. =)

After the TreeTop Walk we headed to Jelutong Tower. Its a 7-storey tower which, like the TreeTop Walk, overlooks the forest canopy as well. Remembered this tower as I think we came here once during OCS. Ex. Wildcat, methinks. Clambered all the way up, and there we had a mini-picnic with the food items we bought earlier at ECP 7-Eleven. Food was nothing much, but the chat was good. Been a long time since I felt such serenity. These few weeks I have been plagued with troubles and problems of various kinds.. So it was good that I felt quite at peace with the world up there. (wished that you were here too.. i think that you would have liked it up here as well)

Reached back at the carpark at about 1600, almost 5 hours since we set off. Although tired, I felt lighter. Physically fatigued but mentally energized.

Maybe the forest hike had taken off some of my emotional baggage. Or maybe I just liked being out in the sun. But whatever it was, I'm glad that I went for the walk. From now on its going to be a long uncertain journey that I've got to embark alone; and just like my hike today, I hope to reach my destination, wherever it is, stronger and re-energized. So wish me the best of luck. =)

Aucun commentaire: