jeudi, novembre 15, 2007

first snow

Apparently it snowed while I was at tennis class, and so I missed the first snow of the year. (I play in an indoor court). Damn! I came out only to catch the few remaining falling flakes.. =(

So it looks like this year will not be a repeat of last year's warm winter: Time to hang up those cycling shoes and to start renting some skis! Also, I should be entering into my base training period which will include gym sessions, long slow distance runs and long swims. Now.. To get that university gym membership!

Anyway today is le jour de la beaujolais nouveau, or the day of the new beaujolais. Restaurant Banarve, without doubt the best restaurant on the campus compound, prepared a special menu for the occasion today, and even served sample-portions of beaujolais during lunch! Coolness.
lovely spread

Bah.. Gotta head back to my books now; I'll have my first exam in France/French tomorrow, a paper on materials science. Wish me bonne merde!!! =P

Aucun commentaire: