mardi, novembre 27, 2007

mini reprise

Didn't expect to get on my bike again until next February, but the skies were so clear today that I could not resist heading out for a short 45km ride. Sure it was still cold, but the temperature gradient had been rising slowly but steadily since last week's gloomy and rainy conditions, so I literally just threw caution to the wind, layered myself up, and went out.

Ride was superb and I actually felt strong for the entire 45km! And to think that I was still expecting myself to suffer because of my 2.5 weeks hiatus from my Decathlon. Not to say that I am a strong cyclist, but I am just glad that I survived the ride. =) Also, I met quite alot of cyclists along my usual highway D1090 out-and-back route. Perhaps they were also trying to make the best out of the current weather too. Its difficult to plan your training sessions when the weather is so capricious and so I just have to take whatever the weather serves me! =D

Anyway yesterday I went for a 1.5km swim time trial. Arms were super nua at the beginning but I managed to get my strokes about 300m into the swim. Just when I was getting into some rhythm, some French swimmer came into my lane and knocked my goggles off. Great.. I had to spend like a minute hanging onto the lane ropes to fix my goggles on, then I had to re-find my rhythm.. Final result? A snail-ly paced swim time of 36mins, a far cry from my PB of 28mins just like 4 months ago!

Oh man do I have some need for speed right now!!! o_O

Aucun commentaire: