vendredi, novembre 30, 2007

iwant2bike2school2pool2manymanyplaces

And so juste comme ça, we've reached the end of November. Somehow here time seems to fly by extremely quickly, except for when I am at class, then its another story. Haha.. =D

This week, like the many other weeks preceding it, has been pretty normal: metro, boulot, dodo, which is French slang for a dull and routine life. In the Singapore context, I guess it can roughly be translated to MRT, work, and sleep. So you can see how interesting my life is for the moment. *sigh* To illustrate, I just had 8 hours of classes today; 4 hours of design project, and another 4 hours of practical laboratory work. Its madness, I tell you! o_O

Well, at least I think I've got metro struck down from the list. Rented Letch's bike long-term since Monday and its the closest I've gotten to personal transport here in Grenoble. With a bike, everything seems so much accessible now. Case in point: I no longer procrastinate going to the pool because of the long walk since now it is only a 5 minute bike ride away. And there is also the well planned and dense network of bike paths, which makes cycling a very viable alternative to other petrol-guzzling and CO2-emitting forms of transport.

The bike in question? Just a humble blue Decathlon Diabolo MTB two sizes too small for me. It weighs at least 15kg and I think the coating of rust covering it is worth another 2kg. Tyres are deep grooved and 5cm wide , which are good for off road action, but real bad for city commute. Brakes are squeaky and the largest crank (originally there were 3x6=18 speeds) is MIA. But its perfect nonetheless: The €20 price tag was a great mitigating factor, it comes with a kickass kickstand, and its current pathetic physical condition means that even the most hard-pressed bike thief will probably not cast a second glance at it. Brilliant.
vélo.boulot.dodo

Time to zhng my bike!!! Zipps sponsorship anyone? =P

Aucun commentaire: