mardi, mars 11, 2008

snowboarding encore

Hit the slopes again today as I had a free day.

At first, it had looked like I would not be doing any snowboarding today, as I woke up to grey and gloomy skies. Then, more ominously, the bus that I was on broke down en route to Chamrousse, the resort which I was going to. After that it started to snow heavily on the rest of the way up. Great, I thought, Everything seemed to point against snowboarding today!

But at a little past eleven, I finally managed to get my ass up to the ski stations and got my equipment fairly uneventfully. Maybe there was some hope after all, eh?

And hope did not let me down indeed! Today was monumental in many ways for me: Being able to consciously control my speed and direction, my first time on the télésiège on a snowboard, and most importantly, my first time completing an entire piste run without falling!

I wouldn't say that I had perfect runs, but I can say that I had some great continuous runs, the kind where I was on my board and just surfing at ease. I don't think that I was going at much speed, but the sensation of surfing along was incredible! I think my relatively drier pants as compared to the previous time is testimony to my better experience today. =)

Unfortunately it was snowing the whole time today so I was unable to take much photos, for fear of damaging my camera. It was impossible to film videos as well because well, we were both snowboarding, ain't it? =P
against the backdrop of Chamrousse

roanna

Aucun commentaire: