mardi, février 20, 2007

too fast too soon!

Oh man.. Everything's spiraling out of control! 3 days of CNY have just passed like that. Quick update:

Sun (1st day): Biked at Mandai. Went to paternal grandma's place then to maternal grandma's place. Lunch. Came home. Finished Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Dinner. Mug.

Mon (2nd day): Went for CNY fun run with Mel through CBD and then Chinatown. Wow I got a angpow from him.. Hehe.. Thanks Mel! After that went home tried to mug, and then mug some more. Haha. Wanted to start packing, but decided to leave it to the next day.

Tues (3rd day - today): Started bike packing in the morning. Found out that pedals could not be removed. 2 hours passed without any progress, except for one very warped allen key. Panic. Call up bike stores. Amazingly managed to get Colin from Bike Haus. (!!!) Promised to help me if I brought my bike down. Rushed down to Bike Haus. Pedal removed. Missed lunch at Big Aunt's place as a result. :| Proceeded to finish packing up bike. Lunch. Aunt Helen and family came to visit. Entertained guests. Went for massage with Iggy. Dinner at Casurina prata place. Came home. Packed personal items. Printed notes. Write blog.

Whew! Today really passed by in a whirlwind. The result of too much procrastination and too little action. Am I glad that I'm almost done with the packing!

Race day is approaching. I dunno what to say or think! Ok, first I would like to thank all those who msged me with your well-wishes, and those who gave me advice. (Grace, Choonwei, David Mythos, Ah Cai, Bernard Wildcat, Sharon, Michele, Harn Wei, Mel, Iggy, Billy, Whelan, Chek and so many more) Thanks to all of you! Without you guys this 5-6 months would have been alot harder!

Ok as for race goals, I hope to achieve the following:
- Finish in 14 hours (not at the expense of enjoying it)
- Discover my athletic ability and my pain threshold
- See through the last phase of my training program
- Make as many like-minded friends as possible. Triathletes are fun-loving and make interesting and good friends! REALLY!
- Have fun! (See first point)

Yeah.. Hope that's it. Nothing much from me already. You can tune in to ironmanlive.com here and track my race progress on race day (24 Feb). I'll probably post up my race tag number at Langkawi so that you can find me easily. =) Another interesting article to note is this.

Ok some photos of my luggage. Hah guess that you didnt think that there's a bike inside that box! =D

All dressed up and ready to kick some ass!

Triathlete emotional baggage

Heh now I'm fretting if the wheels will crack, dérailleur will get damaged in the box.. Seems like a gamble! Oh well, guess I'll find out tomorrow! 140.6 miles of pain and suffering coming up!

Aucun commentaire: