jeudi, février 01, 2007

ME boys' ride and mid-week marathon

Hola! Here's a midweek shoutout to all of you out there. Two more days to the weekend, which means more time for training! Yaay! =D

But maybe not for me.. Crashed today near Tengah. Was coming downhill and was going to overtake a bus when it just decided to pull out of the bus bay. Great decision. As the road was quite a narrow road and obviously my adamantium-less skeleton was not going to be no match for the hardened steel exterior of the bus, I had no choice to brake. Hard.

Could feel my wheels (Zipps somemore!) locking as I tried in vain to unclip. All was for naught as my skin was soon locked in a passionate embrace with the damp morning gravel road. Early bird gets the worm. Right. Luckily, bike was not damaged much. Greatest casualty was the left-side brake lever. Think it took most of the impact and it was out of alignment after the crash. Well, took it to BB for a little TLC after the ride. As for me, well skin and limbs can always regenerate right? =D

Went for SAFRA MF run in the evening. Looking back, maybe it was not such of a good choice. Left leg was still hurting (because of crash or a more sinister ITB problem?) and for the last 5km I was almost limping back. Didn't help that the route was a particularly hilly one (South Buona Vista and Kent Ridge) and we covered about 20km.

Sigh, no choice but to rest now. Having second thoughts about training for the weekend already. Maybe I have to reshuffle some things around..

Aucun commentaire: