mercredi, janvier 31, 2007

plasticine

Speaking of which, I felt like a lump of it yesterday.

ITB felt strained and tight after the 25km run on Sun, so on the advice of Grace, I made an appointment with Iggy yesterday for my first rendezvous with the "pain master". He was really nice to accommodate me, even with like a full time job and I guess other better things to do with his free time.

The place is located just behind paragon. Nice little row of shophouses, not a place where you would expect a torture-house, err.. spa to be located. The sound of new-age music and a whiff of aromatic oil greeted me when I stepped in. Gee.. I was thinking how could Choonwei be yelping in this heaven-on-earth?

Well, they dun call him the pain master for nothing. After Iggy got started, I was squealing more excitedly than a pig in heat and moaning louder than Britney Spears and Pamela Anderson combined! Oh man I sure must have embarrassed myself badly. Damn malu lah! But the massage was good and I really could feel my muscle knots being squeezed away. No Pain No Gain!

Anyway wanted to bring this up in my blog too: Unsafe Motorists. Yup I agree that not all motorists are bad, and not all cyclists are saints either. However, the number of reckless drivers I have met on the road, be it as a cyclist, driver or even pedestrian is simply appalling. I often wonder if 10 year old kids are at the wheels, or if the drivers are trying to killing someone on purpose. Well, I can go on and on about this, but that's for another day. (Rushing tutorials and I have a early bike ride tomorrow morning)

BUT, I do want to bring your attention to this website - yellowcard. Started by an artist who nearly died a couple of years ago and wants to bring awareness of road safety to all. This card not only is meant for motorists, but I think it can be applied to cyclists and pedestrians alike too! (the wording on the magnet can be edited) Spot a reckless jaywalker? Yellowcard! Cycling on pavements/without helmet and lights? Yellowcard! The idea is not to fine or punish anyone, only to bring awareness of road safety and of course, knock some common sense into people while we're at it. Singapore, with its me-first attitude, may not be the best place to start, but if not now, when?

Do we need another case of Sylvester Ang to realise the importance of road safety and public graciousness?

referee kelong!

Aucun commentaire: