samedi, janvier 27, 2007

magic number 200

Yup.. I did it! Managed to bike more than 200km today, 202.22 to be exact. =D

Did Longhouse-Sengkang-Changi loop with Wildcat and gang, then back to Longhouse for a quick bite. Thereafter went to do the Mandai loop with KK, whom I managed to meet at Longhouse. At Boon Lay met up with Grace and we did Tuas loop, extended version. After dropping her off at BH, I continued on to Padang and back to my place. But alack and alas, my speedo only showed 197.52km! WHAT?! Well, decided to do my usual 5km run loop on the bike to make up the numbers. Haha.

Ok, today's weather wasn't as bad as Batam, not much headwind to speak about and of course, no "hills"! But legs were feeling kinda tired over the past few days' interval trainings, and that made things a little difficult. Traffic and traffic junctions were also a major problem. So now I've been there and done that, next will be Langkawi!

Anyway, due to the boredom of the ride today, I took the liberty to compose a song, Cycling, which Grace agrees that compliments my singing ability, and whose lyrics I shall enclose for you to appreciate.

Cycling (sung to the tune of Sailing)

I am cycling, I am cycling,
Cross the road past the bridge.
I am cycling, busy roadways,
Up Mt Faber, down NTU

I am cycling, I am cycling,
Here in Tuas far away.
I am cycling, drafting trailers,
To maintain 35(kph), to bike free.

Can you hear me, can you hear me
Here in Mandai far away,
I am dying, forever biking,
If i puncture, who will know.

Can you hear me, can you hear me,
Moaning in pain far away.
I am dying, saddle sore ridden,
Hidden backstrain, painful crotch.

We are biking, we are biking,
Home again cross the bridge.
We are cycling against headwind,
To be stronger, to be Ironmen.

Oh Stadler, to be near you, to be free.
Oh Macca, to be near you, to be free,
Oh fuck (nearly got hit by a passing car again).

Aucun commentaire: