dimanche, août 26, 2007

delightful dimanche

Allo! Greetings from MacDo once again! Seems like the whole town relies on MacDo for Internet service as the place is full of laptop-toting Frenchmen (yes I know it sounds like a joke but its true) on a perfect sunny Sunday afternoon! =D

After all the cleaning up I did yesterday I was surprised to wake up at the unearthly hour of 0730 this morning. What surprised me even more was that I was unable to get back to sleep! So in perfect sleeping conditions, I got dressed and went out for a short run. I decided that my route would be the entire cycle track surrounding the domaine universités, or university grounds as it would not only give me the chance to explore my new school, it would also be impossible to get long as I did not deviate from the cycle tracks.

At 0800 on a Sunday morning, everywhere is devoid of human presence. Just like a scene from 28 Weeks Later, I had the whole place to myself this morning. Not even any cars except for the occasional tram service. Nice.. =) Had an easy, perpiration-less run (due to weather and not due to my slackness =P) and I managed to check out my school, ENSHMG - École Nationale Supérieure de Hydraulique et de Mécanique, along the way. Its amazing how a country which has amazing architecture like the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe can still have boring, old and dilapilated buildings like ENSHMG. Actually it was not really a surprise for me from my experience at INSA Lyon last year, but I was hoping for something nicer this time as I would be attending "real" classes this time. Oh well. Didnt bring along a camera so I guess photos would have to wait.

Went to town to grab some breakfast after my run then headed back to do some more cleaning and slacked about until about 1500 to drag my ass down to MacDo. Classes are starting tomorrow, but I have yet to check out the location and time of my classes! o_O Heh.. Doesn't feel like an academic year abroad but more of an extended vacation/sabbatical! Haha.. =D

Leaving you with a couple of photos.. Enjoy!!!
very foggy first views of Paris

my luggage after surviving the flight

my (still neat and well packed) room

another view

check out my all-new scholarly look!

Aucun commentaire: