jeudi, août 30, 2007

student orientation

Other than French lessons in the day I have been busying myself with the orientation activities organised by the BI.

On Tuesday we had pizzas in the park followed by a visit to the bar. The mood was tepid in the evening (presumably due to the French lessons we had earlier), but by a couple of pints at night, everybody was chatting away like nobody's business. And of course, many of us switched back to our preferred language of communication - English. So much for intensive French lessons! =P But I must say that many of the other students speak much better French than me.. -_-|||
waiting for the pizzas

CF as buaya as ever..

getting dark, and STILL waiting.. =P

when the going gets tough, the tough start drinking!

On Wednesday I went up la bastille for a BBQ, as per my earlier post. Damn.. Why is this whole place full of mountains? La Bastille is situated at the top of a "petite colline" and thus we had to hike up all 500m of it. For comparison, Bukit Timah is 163m "tall" only. =D But the view up there was worth it!!! Just look at the photos! The BBQ was also very well organised and although I only ate a hotdog, I enjoyed myself up there. =)
at the bottom of the hill..

and up..

long queue for the hotdogs..

cultural exchange lesson

magnificent view at sunset

Grenoble at night

Today I am giving the night's activities a miss. Need a little break from everyone else (especially after getting pelted by hailstones last night, but that's for another story!)! Anyway they are just going to play pool, something which I totally suck at. =D Just going to cook myself a nice dinner and chill out tonight. À plus tard! =)

Aucun commentaire: