dimanche, septembre 02, 2007

salut september

Finally September has rolled in.. That means I've enjoyed about 4 months of vacation, and still counting! =D

I'm at McDo's again.. Its about 2100 here. Came over to meet up with the rest of the Singaporeans who just arrived here today, and to get some supper.

Had a good weekend, and although I didn't go anywhere of much importance, I took the chance to décontracter a little, chill out, and prepare for the week ahead.

Went to the movies on Saturday. Amazingly Planet Terror (or Planète Terreur) was screening at the cinemas here! Was super excited when I saw the movie listings in the papers here, and had made plans to watch the movie earlier in the week. Letch was nice to go with me to catch the movie, even with her repeated complains. Haha.. So on Saturday morning we met up and went to St. Bruno to check out the marché asiatique first. Nothing much interesting, so we went to eat pho at a Vietnamese restaurant recommended by Letch's mentor. It was bloody good. Best meal since I got here. Me and Andi just couldn't stop chomping on the chilli and belachan! Haha. After lunch we parted ways and while Andi went to McDo's to surf net, me and Letch went to the theatre. Hmm the cinemas in Europe are very different from those in Singapore: It is all free seating, and they do not screen any commercials. Anyway the movie started on time and I was excited as anything when the opening song came on. Malheureusement the dialogue was in French! Damn.. =( It was difficult to understand all the dialogue but at least the action sequences made up for it. I have to watch the English version again next time though.. =D

Today I woke up early for a run. Weather was super good and I followed the same route as last week. Then I did my laundry and went to another marché near the foot of la bastille with the rest. I helped Letch buy a second-hand bike for 24 Euros. Then we had a picque-nique at the park near my place. Ming brought along some friends from Rabot so that added to the cultural diversity. Had a nice time tossing frisbees and basically soaking up fun in the sun. =)

Ok about all for this week. There's going to be 10km run race in Grenoble next Sunday. Should I go for that or should I head for Lausanne for some travelling?

2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

Planet Terror?? That sounds interesting! 50s style horror sci-fi? I sympathise with u that the show was dubbed in French but some places do have English subtitle or the other way round ie shown in the original language with French subtitle. I remember watching Gremlims and Streets of Fire like that way, way back in 84! Glad to see u're enjoying ur stay and the photos look gorgeous!

pot a dit…

Yeah.. You should go and watch it! Its coming out in SG about mid September!

Thanks for the concern and I promise to talk to more French gals on your behalf! =D