dimanche, septembre 23, 2007

lac laffrey

After spending near to 7 hours on the bike yesterday (I went to visit some bike shops after the randonée), I really was not in the mood to go for a 1.5 hour run this morning so when my alarm clock rang this morning at 730am, I just shut it off and went back to sleep. But I woke up again at 9am, because I had a rendezvous with Letch and Andi to Lac Laffrey!

This was quite a impromptu trip and I only decided on Lac Laffrey yesterday evening. At first it was only me and Letch but Andi (!!!) decided to tag along. Spinale could not come as she had her lab report to complete (what's new). We met up at 1015 to get some picnic stuff and we went to the gare to catch the 11am TransIsère bus.

The journey there took about 45mins and I was "entertained" by both of them gossiping about anything and everything in the world. I was quite thankful when we reached our destination because that meant that I could have some peace and quiet.. Heh. =P Laffrey is just a small quiet village, just like how many of France's villages are, but it is famous of its lakes, the largest of which is Laffrey. Lac Laffrey is the eighth largest lake in France, and if I am not wrong, it is a dead lake, which means that the only source of water is from rain and not from river tributaries.

Wasted no time in getting there as we were famished and we wanted to settle down by the beach to have our lunch. Plus we only had 4 hours as we had planned on catching the 1632 bus back to Grenoble. It was a short walk down, but when we got there we were not disappointed:
stunning views of pristine lac laffrey

another view
the bus stop where we alighted

There was a big group of ENISAR students already there so we settled down at a quiet part of the beach and had our picnic. It was truly lovely. Ham baguettes, cherry tomatoes, fruits, chips and wine. Really felt damn French! Thereafter Andi and Letch started gossiping again while I tried to nap. =P
pebble paved beach

the three of us

lunch (not including the toes)

feeding the ducks as well

So after a rather brief nap we tossed the frisbee for awhile and headed out on a pedalo. Brought back memories of Annecy last year. It cost €10 so I guess it was pretty reasonable. Hmm.. Nothing much to describe here but I'll attach a 360-degree panaromic virtual tour of Lac Laffrey for you here. =)

360-degree tour of lac laffrey

showing how it's done

Andi

Letch

et moi!

slacking off at the back

And so anyway after the Pedalo ride we went in search of Napoleon's statue because this was the place where he famously uttered the words
"s'il y a quelqu'un parmi vous qui veuille tuer son général, me voilà!"
which means "If there is anyone amongst you who wishes to kill their general, here I am!". And so the French Revolution was started and the statue was erected here in honour of him. However when we reached we found the statue and its environs to be in pretty bad shape so we photowhored a bit more.
the real thing

the impersonator

three of us encore

walking back

Anyway we caught the 1632 bus as planned, and I went over to Condillac for dinner. It was a fabulous day doing simple stuff with nice company.. Just the simple things in life I guess. =) Yawn its been a long day and I have school tomorrow, so I'll just end my entry here.. Dreading having to go to school tomorrow now! =X

Aucun commentaire: