samedi, septembre 15, 2007

mise à jour 2

Another major update.. No time to blog last week as I had to settle some major academic stuff PLUS school finally started on Friday for me. =(

ANYWAY..

Thursday was the Forum de Sports at INPG. For sports fans it was the major event of the year, the time when you can sign up for your favourite sport (for a fee of course) or just check out new ones. Hence for me, it was a must-go event. The forum was scheduled to start at 10am so I made my way there at about 950am. Surprisingly there was already a super large throng of people waiting to enter the hall (think COMEX in Singapore)! And I thought the French were always late!
massive queue

me whilst waiting

Anyway 10am came and the doors opened (their punctuality another shocker for me), and we went in. It was totally packed and I had trouble navigating around.. There were already long queues for the more popular sports like Skiing and Tennis. I didnt sign up for anything that day but I think I should be signing up for Tennis (50Euros) and GUC Triathlon (95Euros). Craziness man the prices.. But that's the only way I can get to practice my sports! o_O

Friday.. Was Andi's birthday! Went over to Condilac in the evening for the fête. The idea was to spring a surprise as usual but I think Andi was already expecting something. Heh. Anyway everybody came and we had quite a good time hanging out in the kitchen, eating and drinking. Even got some of his floormates to join in the festivities! And so it was an enjoyable evening at Condilac, where all the SGreans colonised the place.
group photo.. go to Andi's blog for the uncensored photos!

How come I never get such surprises comme ça? Maybe I guess it due to my birthday which always falls during the school vacations and hence I do not see any of my classmates. Bah.

Went to Decathlon to buy some tennis shoes in the morning today. I guess I was quite lucky and got the last pair of the ones on discount. Then I went cycling in the afternoon. No Alps were planned for today and instead we went cycling around the banlieues of Grenoble. Surprisingly, or not surprisingly, we found another mountain nearby - Mont St Martin, and so we went up! This one was a shorter 5km climb, but it was every bit as tough as the Alpe d'Heuz which we scaled last week! Some information about this can be found here, where its known as Alpe d'Huez's little brother!

So after dinner we cooked dinner. Andi and Spinale came over and we cooked nasi goreng! Hmm I must say that it tasted really good. Should have brought over more of these msg-filled culinary delights!

Ok just leaving you with a couple of pictures of today's ride. Going to sleep soon.. Going to run tomorrow! =)
on the climb up

brillant views of St Martin Le Vintoux and its environs

reaching the top

mingling at the top with a couple of old folks who went up in a car =P

there was a farm too and we went in to take a look. anybody knows the french version of baa baa black sheep?

Aucun commentaire: