jeudi, août 09, 2007

have you ever seen the rain?

Creedence Clearwater Revival asked that in their song of the same name, and boy did I clearly see the rain today.

Amazingly enough I overslept this morning so was unable to make it for the 0500 Longhouse ride. Nevertheless I decided to do one Mandai loop on my own. Noticed the sky was a little ominously red and that the winds were strong when I left. Decided to plod on as the weather had been fine the previous few days. I eventually made it to as far as Thomson before it started drizzling so I decided to make a u-turn - No point getting all wet on a normal training ride.

Unfortunately, I had only reached Orchard Road when the heavens opened up and water gushed down from the skies as if there was no tomorrow. For awhile, it rained so hard that I felt as though I was pelted by tiny stones! Put my head down and pedaled against the roaring headwinds. I just wanted to get home!

And home I did reach, after battling numerous big pools of water, almost zero visibility and the strong headwinds. Sigh.. Only cycled about 30km, and yet I had a massive bike cleaning job in my hands! So I cleaned my bike, and drank some miso, then went back to bed. All this excitement in the morning, and I was back in bed at 0800! =D

Anyway I woke up about 1000 feeling shitty. Think I may have gotten a cold. Bah. Always happens about this time of the year. Hope I get well before Desaru next week.

Also found out that the rest of the Joyriders got stuck at the cemetery this morning. Hee.. Sometimes it pays to oversleep!!! XD

Watched a movie with my parents after lunch and just slacked about after that. =)

Aucun commentaire: