mercredi, janvier 02, 2008

Happy 2008!

Alright, Looks like I'm a day late in getting my wishes across, but hey, I just got back ok? =)

Time to unpack and tidy up; Need to get started on studying, and maybe a bit of running after stuffing my face full of festive goodies during these past two weeks.

But before I can move into the new year, let's have a look at the past 12 months. Here I am, single at 23 years old, still smarting from a break up and unable to move on much. School is something that I have a love-hate relationship with; I hate slaving over my textbooks just to be able to regurgitate its contents at the next examination (and waking up at unearthly hours just for lessons) yet I love the intellectual stimuli when I learn about something interesting. I spend most of my time either (pretending to) study or feeding my addiction that is triathlon. I have a nice car, two nice bikes, several pieces of luxury goods and a whole lot of other rubbish.

On the brightside, I have my wonderful parents who are always so supportive of what I do, be it my choice of occupation, some adventure trip to an unknown and potentially inhospitable country or just yet another triathlon race. You guys are simply the greatest! =D
me and the wind beneath my wings

I also have a super group of friends who hail from diverse backgrounds, all helping me in one way or another when trouble crops up or just to chill out together. You know who you are; Thanks for being there at one time or another! =) Of course, not forgetting my training team mates, who go out with me, watch my back, and make sure that we get home safely together at the end of the day. It is you guys who make training so fun and enjoyable - You are the reason for my addiction!

Zooming down into the details, there were the highs: Finishing my first Ironman at Langkawi, training full time for 4 months from May to August, finally enjoying myself and learning something at school during the summer semester, living and studying in France, and traveling around Europe. Then there were the lows too: The unexpected break up, a string of lousy results at races, and feeling lousy at INPG because of my intellectual and linguistic inferiority.

Yep, 2007 was definitely not the best year in my life, but I guess it wasn't too shabby either after all.

Happy 2008, everyone.

Aucun commentaire: