jeudi, janvier 31, 2008

semaine 5

After 2 weeks of (pseudo)study and partiels last week, week 5 was a welcome relief for an already very study-weary me. And so for the first time in the new year, I headed down to Centrale Ville on a Saturday night.

Met up with Feng Xue who had come down to visit, and we went for fondue at arguably the best fondue restaurant in Grenoble, La Fondue (full marks for creativity). This was not the first time that I have eaten fondue, but it was definitely the first time that I had paid so much for melted cheese (€21 per person).

Oh well, dining out in France is never a cheap experience and I was already bracing myself for the price when Guillaume (not the Tutu), Feng Xue's friend suggested La Fondue. At least dinner was fun, and the pubbing after that was even better! I guess not going downtown for 3 weeks had made me more "appreciative" and aware of what sleepy little Grenoble has to offer. Hee.
L-R: some PRC friend of Feng Xue's, Guillaume, Feng Xue, Cristelle, me

after dinner

at some african pub

The rest of the week, other than being very fulfilling training-wise, has been full of soirées de départ every night. Somehow everybody seems to be leaving around this moment, be it the end of their exchange, or for an internship somewhere else in France. Hence the drunken last gatherings to remember the good times, to bid our farewells, and to cling on to the last few moments of togetherness. Bah.. I am becoming so sentimental! =P Some photos of the past few nights (sorry some of them were taken with my handphone so they look real bad):
tomo-chan's Mambo Monday

Tueday Tango L-R: Daniela, Stefano, Eleonora, me, Constantin

rest of the folks

L-R on Wednesday night: Ahmed, Olcay, Eleonora, me, Anouck

ERASMUS!!!

Last but not least, my lovely neighbours Thao and Hieu gave me a microwave because Thao is leaving on Saturday for her internship in Caen (Boo hoo..), and she will not be bringing along her microwave with her. So now I have the convenience of zapping up microwaved meals anytime! (sorry Eugene.. hee) But most unfortunately they do not have M&S (I just love their microwaved stuff!) here in France, and so I'll see what food I can get here which is microwaveable. Heh.. Another useful addition to my arsenal of culinary equipment!
sitting pretty in the corner

Alright, going to watch Love Generation now.. For some reason I've been pretty hooked onto retro Jap dramas from the 90's. Must be the subtle influence of Tomo-Chan. Hee.. I shall leave you now with a quote for the new semester:

"If Winter is already here, can Spring still be far behind?"

=P

Aucun commentaire: