jeudi, janvier 03, 2008

lovin' london london lovin'

Alright, it was the umpteenth time that I have been to London, but this would be the first time that I would be actually spending Christmas there, so there's at least something to write about.

Flew in on Christmas eve and was picked up at the airport by uncle Kim and aunt Sue. Its been a little more than a year since we last met (they came to Singapore last August), but they still look the same since we said our goodbyes last year. I can't say the same for myself though. =P
uncle Kim

aunt Sue

Aroo

all of us at Greenwich last year

Christmas was, as the French say it, "tranquil". Slept in on Christmas day and lazed about the whole day either watching Top Gear on TV or playing Winning Eleven on the xbox360 with Adam. Christmas dinner was a feast and I stuffed my face silly for the second consecutive day. Which explains the lack of photos. I really do go crazy over food sometimes. =)

Boxing day was more eventful. Had scheduled to meet Helen and Nyuk Lee at Leicester Square to catch Monty Python's Spamalot but I had problems getting to the city centre as the trains were not running for some reason. Luckily with Adam's help I got to the Leicester Square in the end, albeit 1.5 hours late. Met up with the two of them, bought our tickets, then we headed to Bayswater for the best roast duck in London, the UK, and some say even Singapore!
best roast duck restaurant

great Chinese food

Its always great to meet up with Helen and Nyuk Lee; They are incredibly funny and we can just talk about anything under the sun! Coolness. Somehow to me, Helen is like the sister I never had and Nyuk Lee is just like a mom with her checking on me every now and again whether if I have had enough to eat or to give me relationship advice. Haha. They are such dears to me! We spent the entire afternoon just eating and catching up with one another before heading to the theatre at night. Its nice when you have such friends around the world whom you know you can hang out with. =)
my surrogate family

at the theatre

Although it had a slow start, Spamalot was a great musical. Not only was the plot funny, dialogue witty, and the actors' performances tip-top, the props were first rate too. I was constantly in awe at how the technical people managed to get around the space constrains of the small theatre to achieve the intended visual effects. But then again, the West End is reputed for its musicals, so if you are going to London, remember to put aside some time for at least one musical!

27th was my last day in London; I would be leaving later that night for Edinburgh. After a slow start to the day, the family and I headed out together to Bluewater, a massive shopping mall on the outskirts of Kent. The purpose of going to Bluewater was to capitalise on the Boxing day sales, but as for me, I had other intentions (surprise surprise!). And my ulterior motive was no less holy then to eat Krispy Kreme doughnuts! As many of you would already have known (I hope), Krispy Kreme makes the best doughnuts in the world but unfortunately there are no outlets both in Singapore and France. So I had no choice but to satisfy my doughnut cravings in London! Boy are the doughnuts yummylicious - They are so soft that they just melt in your mouth. Mmmmm... Enjoyed every bit of them. =)
get in the bee-line as soon as you see this sign!

beaming widely like a proud new daddy

O_O

3 days in London, 3 days of bliss. I must say that the pampering for the past few days even managed to make me a little homesick! Hee.. I guess I miss all the free food, laundry and cleaning I get when I'm at home. =P And yeah, then there are the parents and all back home.

Just kidding please dun disown or hit me I was just joking you guys are angels and even if I had no free food, laundry and cleaning I would still miss y'all much! =)

Aucun commentaire: