samedi, janvier 12, 2008

race schedule 2008

As the old adage goes, "Fail to plan, plan to fail". Furthermore in France, I do not have the luxury of just driving up or tagging along with my friends when I race; Hence the need for a sound game plan for 2008.

Taking into account my hefty school workload and other travel plans, it looks like triathlon has to take a back seat this year. Nevertheless, I still plan to do at least one Ironman and one marathon, at least for the fun if not for the challenge. =)

Alright, let's have a look at the main races for 2008:
1. Marathon de Lyon (27 April)
2. Challenge France or Triathlon de Narbonne (25 May)
3. Ironman Switzerland Zurich (13 July)
4. Desaru Pengerang International Long Distance Triathlon (TBC)
5. Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon (TBC)

Assuming my race season opens with the marathon in Lyon, I only have slightly less than 5 months to come up with a 42.195km run. Which means I'll also be resuming my training log to help me track my workouts and to enable me to better plan my training programme. Of course, the countdown will be towards Ironman Switzerland and as of this week, there are 26 weeks left.

Currently, I am as close to Ground Zero as one can get: Bonking after 15km runs, a non-existent front crawl stroke and almost 2 months of zero bike mileage! Looks like I have a long way to go!!! o_O But at least I've gotten the most difficult part, planning, out of the way. All that is left now is just plain determination and focus to see the plan through.

Doesn't sound that difficult after all, right? Anything is Possible! =P

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

y0 we run 2gether in this yr standchart ya =)

pot a dit…

you train for 3hr30 timing first.. =D

how's things? =)

Anonyme a dit…

bloody hell, want me to die ah?=(

can u run tat fast anot?

chey!

pot a dit…

why you doubt my running speed? i trashed you during all our runs lor.. =D