jeudi, mai 01, 2008

fête du travail

Happy May Day!

Today is Labour Day, or Fête du Travail, here in France. In Grenoble, in addition to the inevitable shop closures, the entire public transport system has shut down too! No trams, buses or anything else whatsoever. I wonder if it is the same for other cities? Anyway, the French really know how to up the standards for public holidays!

Luckily the sun is still at work today and the streets seem to be totally deserted today so looks like I'll be heading out for a long ride later! =)

*****
update at 2312hrsBack from my ride. Met up with Débe, who is au-pairing in Grenoble, and who is also training for the Ironman 70.3 Monaco. As you can see, we went to Beauvoir, which is along my usual training route.

Anyway I finally can say "j'ai eu un collision avec une voiture" now. Met a car head-on while descending Beauvoir, and other than a slightly out-of-true front wheel and bruised limbs, I am glad that I am none for the worse. Really amazing to meet with an accident today, considering how little traffic there was this afternoon!

Bleah.. Gotta fix my bike tomorrow for Saturday's long ride. And hope that my knees get better! =)

1 commentaire:

Jhender a dit…

can u like cycle properly...after your near death experience with the train now you have a collision with a car... tsk
amazed that you're practically alright =)