vendredi, mai 09, 2008

psychedelico amsterdamo

Perhaps i shall hurriedly write down some bits before I forget what had happened. (Copyright Jianhui but hey, you don't have a monopoly on writing things down hurriedly ok? =P)

Ok, so its a public holiday festival in France now. In like 12 days we have 3 public holidays: May day, 1945 Armistice, as well as Pentecôte. Yippee and so last week I bought return tickets to the city of sin, Amsterdam. Haha.

Well it certainly lived up to my expectations of it. Weather was superb and it was super sunny for the entire 4 days I was there. Too bad I was not sober for most of the time. In order to retain this site's family friendliness rating, let's just say that I was either high or stoked most of the time.

No museums or healthy hikes this time; it was just 24 hours of fun and partying. Ok, I did go to Anne Frank's House, as well as bike out to the countryside to look at the windmills, but I guess most people who go to Amsterdam go there for other reasons. =P

Alright, just a small section on the stuff I tried: Space cakes and mushrooms. Well, the space cakes made me spaced out and retarded. It was kinda weird cos I would see people talking to me but I would not be able to make out what they were saying. Then I also had difficulty organising my thoughts and formulating coherent sentences as well. Luckily I went to the coffeeshop with my even-more-drugged-out room mate, which I guess was less embarassing taking into account my blankness and slurred speech and all.Then came les champignons magiques the next day. Wow this things were strong, much much stronger than cannabis, but they were so good! It was like having a conscious dream. Experiences differ from person to person, depending on the type of mushroom and the character of the person. For me, I took the mexican mushrooms, which were one of the weakest, because I was a newbie, and I absolutely did not want to get a bad trip. Well, I must say that the mushrooms were fun. For me, everything started to get wavy and stuff, and I saw patches of colour where they shouldn't be, like red people and purple roads! I kept getting weird visions of smurfs and unicorns! HAHA.. The fact that almost everyone else were high and the huge presence of Bob Marley lookalikes didn't help either! Then I felt like I was walking on water when we were walking back: Solids did not feel like solids anymore! Also, I felt like my mind was separate from my body.. Like I was somewhere else even though I was aware of where I was. Absolutely amazing. But the best was that I lost all concept of time. I remember going into a supermarket with Cheryl to get some stuff, and even though later on she told me that we had only gone in for 5 minutes, I felt that 1 year had passed! Same with conversations: 2 lines and I would think that 1 hour had gone already. Incredible that I got back to the hostel at all. Then when I went back to my room to change for the pub crawl, I was so stoked that I just sat down and let my mind just float though all the levels of consciousness and stuff. Crazy shit. I bet the French were all high on these stuff when they wrote the rules of the language!

Anyway I wished that I could take a photo/video of the hallucinations inside my head at that time, cos everything was just so surreal. It would have been fun to review them like now when I am a lot more sober. Oh wells, at least I still have a couple of boxes with me now.. =P
dam square in the day

flower market

red light district

being a true pothead

mushrooms

getting stoked at vondelpark

back at the hostel

Ok, end of druggie stuff.

Day 3 in Amsterdam was my most sober yet. Rented bikes and went cycling to see the windmills with Yoshimi. Amsterdam, like the rest of the Netherlands, is completely flat so its really a cyclist's paradise there. However being so flat and not having any high rise buildings also means that headwinds can be quite brutal. Anyway we covered about 55km on bike and we got to see lots of lovely Dutch windmills.
cycle fun

moulins

As usual, more photos can be found here and here. View the photos if not Hypnotoad will get you!!!
croak

Aucun commentaire: